correct week for: Alexander Nübel, scrappy wins, Werder Bremen, Augsburg, Roman Bürki, Kingsley Coman, Düsseldorf
bad week for: Stuttgart, Hannover, Santiago Ascacibar, Frankfurt
- turns out, now not even Huub Stevens can shop Schalke from gambling poorly. Matija Nastasic spared the Royal Blues' blushes with a aim simply mins after Nuremberg had taken the lead. The aspect similarly down the table looked the much more likely to win and, were it not for an superb Alexander Nübel in intention for Schalke, they might have carried out.
- It turned into a hard-running set of Saturday afternoon games as the teams regarded to take a breath before the very last push. Borussia Mönchengladbach nicked a fortunate but a great deal needed win over Hannover thanks to a deflected strike from Raffael. Bayer Leverkusen additionally received by using one goal in opposition to Stuttgart, Kai Havertz's penalty giving the Werkself the three factors they deserved. It's actual that from time to time, all you want is one intention to win the game.
- Werder Bremen stored their european dreams alive with a solid win towards Freiburg. Davvy Klaassen's effort became deflected, Theo Gebre Selassie's effective - however both introduced up to transport Florian Kohfeldt's team up the table. In per week while each Johannes and Maxi Eggestein renewed their contracts, Bremen simply hold making tremendous headlines.
- The handiest reason Bremen didn't hold onto their eu spot become due to Hoffenheim, whose 2-0 win towards Hertha Berlin maintains their late-season fee in the direction of a european spot. Desires from Nadiem Amiri and a VAR-authorized one from Reiss Nelson (his first in 2019) made the difference and sentenced Hertha to their 5th instantly defeat, piling the pressure on train pal Dardai. Hoffenheim at the moment are one point clear in sixth in a tight european race.
- RB Leipzig noticed off Wolfsburg in yet any other comfortable show from Ralf Rangnick's guys. Timo Werner now has 4 desires in his ultimate 5 video games in all competititions and the red Bull-backed side have now not lost this season while he has scored. After a slow start to the season, Werner has come good and now Leipzig are even daring to place stress on Dortmund.
- Martin Schmidt's debut as Augsburg head teach went better than deliberate as they dissatisfied Eintracht Frankfurt at hand them their first Bundesliga defeat of 2019. A brace from the inspired Marco Richter proved the distinction in a recreation wherein Frankfurt were possibly guilty of having more than one eye on the second one leg of their Europa League quarterfinal in opposition to Benfica subsequent week. An injury to Martin Hinteregger soured Frankfurt's day even further.
"We don't need humans like that within the Bundesliga."
- Kevin Volland on Santiago Ascacibar
"In soccer, it's the worst element you could do."
- Peter Bosz on Ascacibar spitting
"It's well-known that we need to preserve preserve of him and make bigger his contract, however he has indicated that he does not need to sign an extension."
- RB Leipzig CEO Oliver Mintzlaff on striker Timo Werner
"We received. That's all that topics."
- Borussia Dortmund coach Lucien Favre
"We've come quick out of the blocks and we've were given the primary 50 meters at the back of us. Now we've got any other 50 meters which we've got to overcome. Then we'll see if we are like Usain Bolt at the cease or someone further lower back."
- Hoffenheim train Julian Nagelsmann on his team's charge closer to Europe
"I didn't say that Hertha is a development membership for not anything. What we do here's a massive activity however the expectations are massive. We work with younger gamers and after they make errors, you just should have persistence."
- Hertha Berlin teach pal Dardai on his membership's difficult length
"It's a laugh. We've chosen our philosophy out of necessity. You need to be given that and admire it. However I've constantly stated: if I'm the one stopping or blockading that improvement, then they have got to tell me ... Then we'll see in which the journey goes."
- pal Dardai on his future
"You don't rejoice anymore at my age."
- Rudi Völler on celebrating his 59th birthday on Saturday
"tension is a awful advisor and we had irritating moments."
- Schalke head coach Huub Stevens after the 1-1 draw with Nürnberg
"Schalke are vital for the Bundesliga however they don't have anything to do with soccer. No build-up play, no positional play. It's like youngsters's football. There's no finesse or creativity."
- Former Dresden and Dortmund participant Matthias Sammer on Schalke
Kai Havertz made his a hundredth appearance for Bayer Leverkusen, scoring his thirteenth aim of the season inside the method. In total, Havertz now has 24 dreams and 22 assists in all competitions for the membership. not awful for a 19-yr-vintage.
Jadon Sancho performed his fiftieth game for Borussia Dortmund, and scored two times to mark the event. He is likewise the youngest participant in Borussia Dortmund's Bundesliga records to score 10 goals.
Werder Bremen have now long gone 14 video games without defeat, something they final controlled in 2009.
With 14 points after 29 video games, Hannover are the worst Bundesliga crew in forty four years. Wuppertaler SV were the remaining crew to be this awful, statistically, and that became lower back whilst points were calculated in another way.
Roman Bürki made a season's fine 9 saves towards Mainz.
For the first time on account that pal Dardai became made head teach, Hertha lost five immediately video games in the Bundesliga.
Bayern Munich have scored of their twenty second directly Bundesliga sport, that's their longest streak in five years.
In Stuttgart's one-aim defeat to Leverkusen, Argentinean midfielder Santiago Ascacibar spat at Kai Havertz. Ascacibar became promptly sent off, but nevertheless attempted to lash out at Havertz. Referee Tobias Stieler stepped in to save you any in addition incident.
Stuttgart's chairman of recreation Thomas Hitzlsperger spoke absolutely on Sunday. "He honestly overstepped the mark in this example. We gained't tolerate this and there will be an internal punishment." Head teach Markus Weinzierl introduced that Ascacibar had to get manage of his emotions.
Ascacibar is in all likelihood to get hold of a lengthy ban, and might omit a critical part of the season for Stuttgart. His moves may additionally have positioned his lengthy-time period destiny in doubt.
After an outstanding joint display while the 2 teams met in Gelsenkirchen earlier this season, Nuremberg and Schalke fanatics over again celebrated their precise "friendship" with a joint choreography at the Max-Morlock-Stadion on Friday night.